Recognise this tap?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's my dentist's so it's important :LOL: .
1/4 turn, stainless steel.
Only a few years old, and it would have been quite expensive.

Needs new cartridges. The cylinders around them unscrew/pull back like the one on the right, but I don't see any obvious way to remove the handle.

Any ideas on the make/model? Or how the handles come off. I couldn't unscrew the levers but I didn't have any tools - I only went for a filling.

Thanks.

View media item 92247

Sponsored Links
The levers? As noted. I edited the post while you were typing I think..

Yeah, sorry I didn't see that. If they did unscrew the shroud would slide off and let you get at the guts of it, so that would be my guess still.

Sponsored Links
That looks a good match ChrisR.

Don't miss the chance to tell him it is scaled up because he is not brushing correctly :D

BathEmpire chat reply...

Megan (06:06:57) : Unfortunately we only sell spare parts to customers that have purchased the items off of ourselves.
Megan (06:07:19) : This is due to the fact the part could damage the item further if it was not supplied from ourselves.

Utter nonsense.

Never known a cartridge I've fitted damage a tap.

Moral - don't buy from Bathempire, they don't know what they're talking about and like to be difficult..

If my dentist's tap was that filthy, I'd be looking for a new dentist!

looks exactly the same as my own tap which is a Franke. there should be grub screws below the levers to allow you to remove them

Thanks all :)

Terry - yes I knew of Lunns, they're good if you send them a photo too. Without the tap apart it's harder though.

Andy - didn't know you could just get discs, I'll have a look.

Muggles the tap's also leaking from the spout O ring, so it's constantly getting light surface scale. The Stainless brushed ones alway look like they need cleaning - prefer chrome I think.
I'll support this dentist as long as he keeps doing work on me free while I attend to his boilers and taps!

Bobby - you may well be right. I didn't notice the grub screw underneath, I've told him to look.

Hope it's Franke, not one of the nasty knock-off copies like you get from Bathstore.com and this mob Bathempire, which can be a right pain in the arris to deal with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back