Recommend a product to dissolve a toilet blockage?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The water in the toilet rises up when I flush it and on standing the water has a slight brown tinge to it, consequently I assume that a stool is stuck over the top of the U bend. I don’t want to plunge it out as it may get stuck somewhere else. Wikihow.com says use an Enzyme to dissolve a blockage as that won’t damage the toilet bowel, and on eBay I see that there are tablets that you can use in a chemical toilet. I am self isolating and so a product like tablets would be easy to receive in the post.

Can someone please advise me and perhaps recommend a product that I could buy preferably from eBay?

I’ve got some 10mm wide plastic strapping that is used to tie around large parcels/boxes, so I could try waggling that in the toilet as that may break up the stool?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Try filling a bucket with water, holding it at shoulder height and emptying it quickly down the toilet. The force and weight of water is usually strong enough to clear blockages.

Floor mop in a bin liner makes giant plunger keeping the mop head clean. Anyone working in a nursing home or hotel knows that trick and works well.

By any chance, has anyone actually been "Flushing" the so called "Flushable Wipes?"

Also, a wire coat hanger bent into shape with a slight hook on the end might help.
Most people can find one in the house, if there is a blockage, either moving it or dragging it back might help

The water in the toilet rises up when I flush it and on standing the water has a slight brown tinge to it, consequently I assume that a stool is stuck over the top of the U bend. I don’t want to plunge it out as it may get stuck somewhere else.

I doubt there is a single stool stuck on the top of the bend but there may be a paper blockage. In the past I have experienced blockages caused by both kitchen paper and tissues, neither breakdown like loo paper.

The coat hanger may help to pull it back in to the pan. I have previously used hose pipes pushed up in to the bend to "flush" away obstacles. If you don't have elbow length gloves, bin bags are a suitable waterproof alternative.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back