Recommend a *quiet* TPI thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently moved house and made the mistake of replacing the ancient room thermostat with the Honeywell DT90E. It works fine, but it's so loud that you can hear it clicking from almost every room in the house!

Ideally I want:
- TPI control
- 5/2 or 7 day timer
- wired
- preferably mains powered

I had a CM927 in my old house, which was fine, but not particularly quiet (and it was wireless and battery-powered).

It doesn't look like Drayton has anything to suit me. The Horstmann 17-M C-Stat looks like it fits though. I'm not keen on another Honeywell unless there's a quieter model.

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Definitely a first world problem. :LOL:

Haha - yes I admit it!

The DT90E is seriously loud though (see the reviews on amazon!). It's not helped by the fact that it's very quiet at night where I live and we have wooden floors.

Looks like I'll go for the Horstmann - it's a bit expensive, but not compared to the Nest!

It doesn't look like Drayton has anything to suit me.

The Drayton Digistat 3 , available in wired or RF wireless versions has TPI.

http://www.draytoncontrols.co.uk/homeownerzone/products/timeandtemperaturecontrol/digistat+3/

The wired version is available battery or mains powered -

http://www.heatingcontrolsonline.co...ee-programmable-thermostat-p-395.html[/QUOTE]
Thanks for this - I didn't spot that when comparing the 2+ and 3+. Looks like that would also fit my requirements perfectly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back