Recommendation for Roof Windows?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can provide me with some guidance/recommendation regarding roof windows that i need for the sloping section of my loft dormer conversion.

Other than the obvious Velux brand, i've seen Colt Roto for sale at the Loft Shop and Premdor at Screwfix. There's also Fakro, RoofLITE and Dakstra on various sites on the internet.

Haven't got as far as comparing prices, but on first inspection Velux does appear to be the most expensive. On the other hand, getting the blinds for the other brands seems an issue. The Loft Shop is selling blinds for the Colt windows for over £100.

Whats the best option and any suggestions as to where to purchase? thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Personal preference. I've only used Velux and Fakro in the past, both good. I wouldn't say Velux are that pricey - depends where you buy them I suppose and what terms you get. I think the Fakro ones we had were more expensive than the Velux equivalent [had they made one] would have been.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back