Recommendations for shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not seen a recent thread on this so hope someone can help.

Since being in this house we have always had issues with the mosaic tiles on the floor that needed regrouting once a year. We went away in December and come back to them being 'bouncy' and I said enough was enough and starting ripping it out. It's taken some time to extract the existing tray without causing too much damage and have got to a point where I just need to replace board on one wall, sort out the floor and put a 'normal shower tray' in (doesn't need to be flush).

Originally I was planning an Ideal Standard Ultraflat S and then was considering Mira until I saw a video recently on YouTube about bad finishing/moulding around the waste.

After some searching come up with Matki, Merlyn, Crosswater and Kudos as decent trays. Would really appreciate input on a bullet proof tray and how to do it (given that I don't intend to take down the other walls).

Am totally happy to part cover the tiles with plastic panelling. Any help would be much appreciated.

2023-12-06 07.46.59.jpg
2024-03-09 11.01.27.jpg
2024-03-09 14.21.24.jpg
2024-03-16 17.45.51.jpg

Sponsored Links
Any recommendations for a robust shower tray that is going to be straight forward to fit and is not going to crack or break in six months....?

Like most things it isn't particularly the product but how it is installed. I have a relatively cheap low level resin tray which has been in for well over ten years with no issues at all.

Find one that you are happy with, looks and cost, and install it properly. Unlikely that you will have any problems.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back