Recommendations For Underfloor Heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Has anyone got any good recommendations for Underfloor heating. The room I'm going to heat is the bathroom and the floor is going to be tiled.

My original thoughts where to use the tile warmup system, but it's around about £275 for a 4.5m2 and plus I would need to keep the current radiator.

But I was think about an underfloor heating system which would cost £180 and eliminate the need for the radiator.

So my questions are.

1. How do you work out the BTU value for underfloor heating ???
2. Is it better to keep the current radiator and just go for the tile warmup System ??
3. Or is it better value to go for the underfloor heating ???
4. Which is the most cost effective way of heating the room ???

EvoFluff

Sponsored Links
I installed Electric underfloor heating in my kitchen (as well as a radiator)

I would imagine 800Watts would heat an average bathroom. It was easy to install under tiles...I just grouted over it!

Chris

Hi CIB

Why do you still have the radiator in the kitchen as well as the underfloor heating ????? Is the kitchen so big it needs both ???

My bathroom is 3m x 2.25m and has three exterior walls, plus two windows 1m x 0.8m. It currently has a radiator but I wanted to remove it so I can get a better layout for the bathroom suite.

I'm planning on installing a dual fuel trowel rail and I have been told that under no circumstance to use the trowel rail to heat the room. Once trowels have been placed on the rail the heat is reduce to 30 - 50%

So ideally I would like an underfloor heating solution that's not to expensive and that will do the job of the radiator.

Evofluff

Sponsored Links
I have thw Wickes undertile heating - it is really great and am very pleased with it.

I also notcied it was ojn special offer about 2 weeks ago ...

I did 6m2 for £300 including the thermo.

D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back