Recommended heating engineer - Bristol/Bath area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to get my boiler serviced and am looking for recommendations of a decent engineer to do it. I've called 3 and each are busy for weeks.

It's a Worcester Bosch combi, installed a year ago.

What sort of money is a fair price, as I've been quoted £50-60, which seems a lot for a first service.

Sponsored Links
Boiler servicing is best done during the summer when we are not so busy.

I am sorry that you think £50-£60 is a lot.

My view is that £55 -£65 is normal !

But thats for a PROPER service and not a 10 minute BG safety check!

Tony

It can't be done in the summer or else WB will not honour their warranty, as it was installed in October last year, so is due now.

Not sure of the difference between what BG would do and a proper service, as I've never had one done.

The cost is probably average for the job, but as my missus just pointed out, I'm too tight at times. :LOL:

You could have had the service just two months early at the end of August when we were not busy. Quite possibly cheaper then too!

I often charge extra do do a service during the winter when there was no reason not to have had it done earlier!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, however I've already spoken to Nick. He can't do anything until 20th December.

Exactly!

Thats why servicing should be done during the summer when we are not busy!

Try Paul Mitchell then 412954

or

Mike Herron 07787121266

Unfortunately as Agile said, the good ones are going to be busy, unless they can work you in.

In any case it's only a month, I don't think WB will object to that, next year just remember to book it earlier for the due date.

cheers, I'll call them.

Don't mind waiting, but I would object to paying more just because it's winter, as Agile says. ;)

I have no idea or interest in what they charge.

Nick does work for a mutual friend.

Mike has done a couple of installs for me.

Pauls younger brother John is the best apprentice I ever had, his Dad is a age old friend.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back