worcester fixed price

LAJ

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I called out the emergency gas service today, as I thought I could smell gas...... they found my Worcester greenstar combi boiler is leaking gas, quite a lot.
An independant local engineer looked, thinks it's from the valve or near the fan, said it was certainly expensive parts.
I've just signed up for the Worcester cover plan, but cover doesn't start for first 30 days.
Do Worcester offer a fixed price repair, how much is it, and does it cover any repair and all parts needed?
Thank you........I'm freezing.

Sponsored Links
Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know which model? If it's a Junior then it's almost certainly a split rubber hose, as they use a rubber hose to carry gas from the valve to the burner, and they are very prone to failing.

in Scotland worcester fixed price repair is £270 and covers everything but I have heard that different areas are different prices but couldnt confirm that,and Muggles advice if it is a junior is spot on.

Sponsored Links
In England about a year ago it was £300, that was not for a full year, just a one off or pay £25 a month for a year on direct debit and you have one years cover,with a parts limit of £1500
Bit of a no brainier really

Thank you Andrew and Ian; I should have included the model, it's a 27CDi.
The engineer seemed pretty sure it's either the valve or fan area.
It's more a question of whether Worcester will repair at fixed costs, no matter how expensive the job.
Agile, thanks, but I don't really need to be informed of living conditions in other parts of the world.

Thanks Terry; as I said, I signed up for the cover plan before the gas leak was discovered, but no repairs are allowed for the first 30 days, so I can't call them out for this.

They will come out?
Yes, of course, but it's not covered under the plan I've just started; this was made clear when I took out the cover.

In my example we started off discussing the repair,which was a gas valve replacement in the end .
We ( the customer / me/WB techie on speaker) discussed options about fixed price repairs.
The customer signed up,paid by card and was told Monday at the earliest,( Friday pm as we spoke)
WB agent rangthe next morning, as we agreed to be on standby over the weekend.someone local did not answer their door to this agent and as my customer was local, he tried us.
By 10.30 am, the gas valve was swopped and the boiler was running
The one month thing sounds likely to stop the above happening and they may be extremely busy at this time of year but my customer was fixed up exactly as I have said.

Yes, exactly.
Worcester are trying to stop customers signing up for the plan only after a problem is found, which is understandable.
Unfortunately, I signed up just a matter of days before problem found!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back