Recurring shower valve issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, we have a Mira Vier digital shower, fed off a mains pressure hot water tank. Last year it developed a fault where it would only deliver hot water (no matter what the temp control was set to), and then would error out with an 'over-hot' code. It could be fixed by turning it on and off at the mains, then the same thing would happen a few days later. I bought a new circuit board for the mixer & fitted it, but the problem persisted, so I went back to the original board, and got someone to swap the valves instead. That fixed it for about 6 months, but now it's started doing the same thing again.

Given that changing the valves fixed it, the problem must be with the valves. But it seems very unlikely that we'd randomly have a new set of valves with the exact same fault, that took 6 months to develop. Any ideas where we go from here? Do I swap the board & the valves, in case the board has a fault that is damaging the valves? I can't really think of an alternative, but if anyone has one I'd like to hear it!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back