Red shutoff taps on TF1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The red shut off taps on my filter could do with reorientating to make them more accessible, is this something I could do? Or is it a job for a gas safe person?

They're currently facing to the left, but I need them facing more out/to the right.

Sponsored Links
Thanks.

So, is it a simple matter of loosening the nuts top and bottom (above & below), rotate the valve and retighten nuts?

Yes, but to prevent losing too much water you will need to reduce the system pressure to zero and have a towel ready to catch any drips!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Valves moved and connections carefully re-tightened. However, upon re-pressurising I detected a leak between the in/out port and the upper valve fitting. I tried tightening it a little more, but it didn't help. So I took it apart and found the rubber washer is goosed.

I think it's been like that a while, hence all the plumber's mate around the joint.

I want to replace the washer, but I'm having no joy finding somewhere to buy it (online). Can anyone help?

I emailed Fernox and they're posting me some washers free of charge. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back