Redoing bathroom cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Just as a rough estimate, if I have a 1.7m x 2.4m shower room, to be gutted (floor and wall tiles) and install a new shower tray, move the plumbing a bit and re-tile the bathroom, how much should I expect labour cost to be? I have been quoted around 1.8k for labour so far, but one of the quote was "only" £800. Any ideas?

Adrian

Sponsored Links
There is no point asking here, no one can see the job, your best option is to get more quotes, minimum 3, but you can get as many as you want

Am I better off getting tiler and plumber separately for the job? Or should I leave it all to the plumber?

Adrian

Sponsored Links
Either way can be a risk; many plumbers won’t know how to tile & many tilers won’t have a clue how to plumb so you need to be very careful who you pick. Your best bet would be a bathroom fitter/renovator who can do the lot including sorting out/making good the walls/floors before tiling & strengthening/replacing the floor if necessary but get personal recommendations & see some previous work. Lots of potential mistakes/bodges to be made & even if you don’t plan on doing any of the work yourself, I would advise you have a read of the Tiling Forum Sticky & archive posts which will at least give you background information on good practices & lessen the chance of a poor job or getting ripped off.

As far as price goes, get several more quotes; £800 sounds a bit iffy & the higher quote is probably nearer the mark but each job is different & it depends what’s needed to be done which in turn dictates how long it will take. Make sure you get a detailed quote which lists exactly what will be done, the materials being used & how long it’s going to take.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back