Reduced flow from hot water taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
This morning we had a major water leak in the town and the supply was cut off for approx 6 hours. Unfortunately my family had managed to drain both the boiler and the cold water. I switched off the central heating combi, which was running and waited for the supply to go back on. Tonight, there is a reduced flow from the hot water taps which stops after about 10 seconds. The header tanks are full and the pipes on the boiler are all hot. Do you thjink I have got a pressure lock in the tank on the feed side ?, and if so ,how can I fix it ?. :cry:
Yours in hope, Rick

Sponsored Links
What boiler do you have?
I think you're mixing your terms up.
If you have loft tanks you probably don't have a combi, which is the type of boiler which fires up to heat water on demand from a tap.

Most likely prob is air locks in the pipes to your taps.
COvered in the FAQ section:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37170

unlikely you have a combi. if you have no hot water either anywhere, it is a conventional

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back