Refresher CCN!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everybody, I have been in the trade for last 17 years and have just completed my reassesment for CCN1 Gas Safety. This is the 3rd time I have done it and as far as I can tell not alot has changed, a few mesurements have changed and some calculations have changed.

It cost me 2 days loss of wages, 1 of those was a Saturday and the course cost £445.00 at my local college.

Am I on my own in thinking that we are all being stiched up. Corgi fees are due by the end of the month.

I don't know about rouge traders what about the racket that Corgi seems to be running or is it our lovely Labour Goverment.

Glad I have got that of my chest, I feel better now.

Matt

Sponsored Links
You know they are ripping us of THATS what they do

The new ccn1 has the following changes:

Some of the controls have been removed like the old bimetal strip, flame rectification and zero governers.

Flues are the thing to bone up on as they have their own paper now!!! Great innnit just as they decide that you reaaly cannot install open flues then do a paper on them :rolleyes:

I think thats it for the paper as for the Practical, pretty much the same but you no long have to do the joint on the barrel but you will have to solder a joint by the meter (dont forget remove it and cap off and your jump leads)

The tightness test has changes to you know have two to worry about 1 New insatllation, let at 10 mbr of one minute the Pipework only for one min stabilisation two mintues test, then the same with appliances on with no permissible drop, existing installation no change

Only know this cos I retook mine last week :LOL:

corgiman wrote:

Some of the controls have been removed like the old bimetal strip, flame rectification and zero governers.

Have flame rectification & zero governers gone out of fashion already.
Things are moving too fast these days.
:LOL: :LOL:

They have moved them to the CEN1 mate

so not quite out of fashion LMAO :LOL:

Bloody CORGI

Sponsored Links
I wonder why flame rectification has been moved to CEN1.

Lots of cookers use it. Ive even seen some posh hobs with it.

So if you didn't want your CEN1 and just wanted to work on cookers (unlikley put possible) its possible that you wouldn't have a clue about flame rectification.

Seems daft to me...but what do i know

I did mine in january, the cost was £189 :LOL: 1 1/2 days. prices differ considerably from college to college.

I think if you read the Corgi installer mag and keep up to date with whats going on there should be no need for reassessments.

Why can't the Corgi inspector do this when he visits. What a joy that is. Nice bloke but another waste of a morning.

I got the feeling that no one ever fails the CCN1, as long as you pay the money you pass.

I know lots of people who failed ccn1 at the first and second attempts.....yet to find anyone who has failed lau1 yet though :D

Hands up anyone who reads (actually reads :D ) GI magazine.

I find the articles VERY dull to read. All they ever seem to consist of is rehashed British Standards with the boring bits left in! OK - CORGI can't actually change the information or leave important facts out. But a bit of creative writing and sub-editing would do no harm, IMHO.

oh dear I do feel like a saddo but i look forward to it and read it in this order

1 Gallery of bad jobs
2 Removals from the register (to see if i am there and they forgot to tell me lol)
3 letters , love everyones moans
4, situations vacant
5 tech items

"stands up"

Hello My name is corgiman and I read the GI

(hangs head in shame)

New bits in CCN1 also include medium pressure supplies and regulators, and tightness testing with these installed.

meldrew's_mate said:
New bits in CCN1 also include medium pressure supplies and regulators, and tightness testing with these installed.

Did medium pressure rig 3 years ago.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back