Regarding the Primary flow switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does the switch attach on to the push pin or does the pin belong to another item that the pfs sits on? just wondering because its the pin that keeps getting stuck.

What causes this to happen, any idea anyone?

Sponsored Links
The pin isnt getting stuck. Its operated by a rubber diaphragm underneath it. This is probably worn and needs replacing.

To access you need to drain the boiler. remove the microswitch in the plastic box by removing the black retaining clip. Then lift off the cover plate by removing the 4 screws. Bare in mind one screw is obstructed by the gas valve and even a little dumpy screwdriver is awkward!

personally i think you need to call someone out as its not that easy.

Sponsored Links
The pin glands CAN sometimes become too tight on the pin! Usually caused by dirt buildup on the pin.

The diaphragms hardly ever fail ! Much more common is a restricted flow caused by dirt in the pump impeller or blocked plate HE.

The hydraulic connections to the diaphragm unit also sometimes block and dirt can block up the diaphragm chamber.

I have only changed just one diaphragm in the last three years.

Tony

So what you guys saying? how can i tell exactly which problem it is?

The PFS seems to work fine but the pin seems to stick and i would hazard a guess that the micro switch seems to be operating fine, so the pin isn't part of the pf switch? so in that case how do i diagnose the "sticking pin problem"?

Cheers for the feedback.

Mark.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back