Regulars are out of order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone else noticed or is it just me? When a thread turns into a full blown row. 9 times out of 10 that's the time softus gets involved. Before hand he has nothing to say?
Then he sucks up to the regulars and tries to belittle new comers to make himself look more knowledgeable than he is.
The man is a TO**SER!

I have just read one post by a complete novice (his first post) and he got totally hammered by the regulars for not asking questions in a way that they liked (i.e not enough technical info) the man said he was a novice. They answer questions with questions and throw in sly comments to try and humiliate people to amuse each other.

Then they all go on a rant with each other and nobody is even bothered about the origonal question posted.

This site should be called "self obsesed.com"

Just imagine how many members there would be if it wasn't for these *****rs scaring them away ( site owners you need to get a grip )

Sponsored Links
I would just like to say that the regulars that I referred to,are a hard core and not all involved. Apologies if I have offended the the people that are here for the right reasons.

Sponsored Links
when I first joined this forum, I was looking for DIY advice on lots of different topics.Neithe hubby nor I are DIY experts and we had alot of work being done on the house. My questions ranged from electrics to plumbing to gardening etc etc.
I saw the general chat site and posted about the topic of 'tipping'. (money tips)
Just look back and see the replies I got and how I reacted!!

I was shocked and offended.
I did not understand how it worked here at all.
I hung in there but then left site temporarily and had to be reinstated by mods. I left because of nasty abusive posts by a member here. (not Moz, I might add)

I am not condoning abusive sarcastic posts and as a member here (ok, a recent one) I want new members to feel welcome.

I will say that it is easy (compare it to when professionals use work jargon assuming everyone will know what they mean when they dont) for regulars here to forget that newcomers dont know each others personal style.

I was totally shocked at comments made (see the lecture Moz got) and felt bemused at comments made on this part of the site.
Believe me, I was peeved off totally.

Some people here are just wind up merchants and some are threatened by the girls on here and believe that by trying to ridicule us they will grow extra inches where they think it counts.

Most people are spot on... give it a go.

Well said ,toffee thanks for your imput. Should be more like you.

what toffee said :D !

agree whole heartedly. Ridicule and sarcasm is all I get, fed up and sick of it.

It's about time people started saying what they feel about how they are being treated on this site. They don't come on here to be patronised they just want some help. (the purpose of the site?)

Neither troybeau nor lorraine are far wrong.

I usually only bother with general chat where the vast majority of the people are fine. OK, some of us have the odd row from time to time, but by and large most don't hold a grudge.

There are however a couple of bad apples, you've found an ify one, but by no means the worst.

It is a fact of life that these people often frequent boards such as this. The people that know them, in the real world, probably don't want too know them, so they rely on cyber friends.

Ask your questions giving as much info as you can, then learn to be a bit more thick skinned. At the end of the day they may still resolve your problems.

Thanks mate but I suspect that there's not a lot of point me asking anymore questions.
Just thought i'd try to get some dialog going as to this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back