Regulars are out of order

Status
Not open for further replies.
croydoncorgi said:
Self-obsessed?
You lot? Well possibly - since the debate has gone on for many pages.

But this (well - at least Plumbing & Heating, where this started) is a DIY forum, ostensibly where people who have reached a 'DIY frontier' can maybe get some sort of answer that resolves a specific problem. Unfortunately, and especially in the context of gas, that will often be 'Get Someone In'. This is for two reasons: first because it's the only LEGAL thing to do, and second because anyone who is qualified to give any advice at all would risk their CORGI registration by saying anything different.

So the answer may not be what you want to hear. But why should it not be short and to the point? It's DIY, not PC Debating 101!
Those of you who don't want to believe what croydoncorgi had written, then read this , this was last night.

Sponsored Links
pickles said:
The Sparks are particularily bad offenders. I think their part of the forum should be shut down and a blanket statement put up saying that under the part P regs the only advice they can give is to get an electrician in
Untrue. That is not what Part P says, nor is it what happens in the Electrics forum unless it is abundantly clear that the poster is way out of his depth.

But if you don't like that forum, there is a very simple thing you can do about it....

croydoncorgi said:
Unfortunately, and especially in the context of gas, that will often be 'Get Someone In'. This is for two reasons: first because it's the only LEGAL thing to do,
Why do you say that? DIY gas work is not illegal.

kevplumb said:
softus can you give me a lift the vans in dock :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ;)
Dammit I missed Brightness' post, and the appointment. Please mistress may I re-book?

troybeau said:
Softus: It's a good job we are on better terms as I have just found that photo of you.
Yup - irresistible aren't I ;)

Or are you just after my tool :eek:

Sponsored Links
croydoncorgi said:
...in the context of gas, that will often be 'Get Someone In'. This is for two reasons: first because it's the only LEGAL thing to do...
Erm, at the risk of hijacking this topic, no it isn't.

B.O.B DOLE said:
troybeau said:
Has anyone else noticed or is it just me? When a thread turns into a full blown row. 9 times out of 10 that's the time softus gets involved. Before hand he has nothing to say?
Then he sucks up to the regulars and tries to belittle new comers to make himself look more knowledgeable than he is.
The man is a TO**SER!

I have just read one post by a complete novice (his first post) and he got totally hammered by the regulars for not asking questions in a way that they liked (i.e not enough technical info) the man said he was a novice. They answer questions with questions and throw in sly comments to try and humiliate people to amuse each other.

Then they all go on a rant with each other and nobody is even bothered about the origonal question posted.

you just cant see it mod can you this little experiment of mine brings the worms out of the wood, maybe its you who needs replacing with someone who can cope with dialog and not jumpimg on the bang wagon of the forum bullys or are you kevplumb in discuise.

This site should be called "self obsesed.com"

Just imagine how many members there would be if it wasn't for these *****rs scaring them away ( site owners you need to get a grip )

and i also moderator will be giving a full report of your conduct over recent months of you conduct in how you have handled affairs regarding
other forum members reponses , and your bully club...........which you have orchastrated

Moderator,

Topic now locked as it's leading nowhere again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back