Regulars are out of order

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Softus: It's a good job we are on better terms as I have just found that photo of you.

troybeau, if I had to guess, are you a USA female in disguise? I read through the posts, and for the life of me, I can't figure out what you are debating. It seems your original point was somewhere in the area of how rude and unhelpful the regulars on this site were and how they just about chase everyone away when all the "poster" wants is to ask a question. Since, you havent pointed out any particular instance, I take it with a grain of salt that you are speaking in general. I, too was new at one time and although, there was fun made of my post, I took it as "kidding". If I was very serious (duh???)I would have addressed my 'problem' then and there. Perhaps your question was posed in a way, where it was taken to be humorous. I think you have every right to start a thread debating a subject, but I for one think you went about it the wrong way, altho you have quite a few replies. It reminds be of a pc windup. :confused:

mlb3c said:
troybeau, if I had to guess, are you a USA female in disguise? I read through the posts, and for the life of me, I can't figure out what you are debating. It seems your original point was somewhere in the area of how rude and unhelpful the regulars on this site were and how they just about chase everyone away when all the "poster" wants is to ask a question. Since, you havent pointed out any particular instance, I take it with a grain of salt that you are speaking in general. I, too was new at one time and although, there was fun made of my post, I took it as "kidding". If I was very serious (duh???)I would have addressed my 'problem' then and there. Perhaps your question was posed in a way, where it was taken to be humorous. I think you have every right to start a thread debating a subject, but I for one think you went about it the wrong way, altho you have quite a few replies. It reminds be of a pc windup. :confused:

Thanks for input.

Sponsored Links
troybeau said:
Thanks for the advice.The people who I am talking about know who they are and also know exactly the way they are putting there posts across.
They seem to get off on it and I am sure that the last thing they want is a thread like this.
It's time to let them know that people are not happy with their bullying club. If someone spoke to their children in school the way they speak to some people on this site,they would not be happy. They need to re think their approach to new comers.

i tottaly agree with you troy now you know what i have to put up with in the plumbing section there are some real bullys in there i will tell you but i can deal with this , and you are right they think they are the self rightous bully club i have been into slagging maches with them for years, but they always run with their tails between there legs.

OMG :eek: Was that pic. from the Antiques Roadshow.My eyes are watering already :cry:

Self-obsessed?
You lot? Well possibly - since the debate has gone on for many pages.

But this (well - at least Plumbing & Heating, where this started) is a DIY forum, ostensibly where people who have reached a 'DIY frontier' can maybe get some sort of answer that resolves a specific problem. Unfortunately, and especially in the context of gas, that will often be 'Get Someone In'. This is for two reasons: first because it's the only LEGAL thing to do, and second because anyone who is qualified to give any advice at all would risk their CORGI registration by saying anything different.

So the answer may not be what you want to hear. But why should it not be short and to the point? It's DIY, not PC Debating 101!

If you don't like the way CORGI operates, get involved and get it changed! Whingeing from the margins gets you nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back