Relocating Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm moving a room thermostat from its present location to another room and i need to extend the wiring to it. Could someone please tell me what type of cable i require to do this.

Sponsored Links
The same cable thats currently there.

Beware the heating system was probably balanced to suit the thermostat's current location.

At the moment the cable consists of a blue, yellow, red and i'm unable to find somewhere that sells it, so do you know what type cable i can use.

Like this?
CA1.5SLASH3.JPG

CA1SLASH3H.JPG

Colours changed to grey brown and black a few years ago.

Any DIY shed will sell this, its known as 3 core and earth.

Sponsored Links
at the moment the thermostat is next to the under stairs cupboard, i want the put it into the hallway, so i'm going to run the extra cable under the floor boards and chase up the wall to where i want the thermostat. I'm going to connect the cable by using a chocbox or some terminal blocks would like be ok?

Yes as long as they are accessible for inspection - inside the understairs cupoard for example.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back