Remeha Boiler Not Firing Up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, after some advice on my boiler please, Remeha Avanta 28c.

Boiler was switched off whilst house was being renovated, was working fine before being turned off.
Radiators were drained/removed during this however pressure gauge was stuck which turned out to be faulty, replaced with a new one. Filled up and bled to remove air.

When switched back on, it was totally dead.
PCB replaced and boiler has come back on however its showing an error code of 9.
Boiler has pressure of 1.5 Bar.

All of the information, including the manual, I can find says it is due to low pressure however pressure is correct but it still wont fire up.

When turned on it goes thro the start up procedure but thats it, if hot water tap is opened or heating turned on then it shows a 9.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Actually, a quick internet search states it thinks there’s a lack of water, but also an overheating situation. Was the heating changed/drained at any point?

I rareley come across these boilers, but logic would dictate that the boiler thinks it has no pressure, so I would be looking at the pressure sensor.

Actually, a quick internet search states it thinks there’s a lack of water, but also an overheating situation. Was the heating changed/drained at any point?
Yes I saw it says theres a lack of water/pressure, however neither should be the issue as boiler has been topped up to 1.5 Bar.
Few radiators were removed and refitted. Boiler then refilled and radiators bled.

I rareley come across these boilers, but logic would dictate that the boiler thinks it has no pressure, so I would be looking at the pressure sensor.
Appears theyre not as common anymore. Is there a pressure sensor as I'm looking at the manual and cant see one. Or would it be flow switch/sensor?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I just had a quick look thrtough the book online and couldn't see a pressure sensor.
I would have thought there is one, something is telling the PCB there's not enough pressure?
They are usually easy to spot, and easy to bridge out just for test purposes.

Will look for a pressure sensor but going from the book it doesn’t mention one.
Noticed the last few days that the pressure has dropped for example. Topped up to 2 bar and next day or 2 it’s down to approx 1.7 bar.
Boiler is off as property is being renovated.
Could this indicate a problem with expansion vessel which could be causing the pressure issue?

More likely an indication of a slight leak and nowt to do with the EV.
Have you bled the pump ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back