Remeha Boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope this isn't a repetition of previous questions..........

We are having building work done and sorting out/upgrading our heating in the process.

We are moving to an unvented cylinder and system boiler. We had 3 plumbers quote who all quoted similar prices.

3 plumbers = 3 boilers manufacturers recommended!!
A Woscester Bosch (all he would fit)
A Vailiant (what he normally fits)
A Remeha (used to fit the above and others but thinks these are excellent and good value).

We have chosen the plumber who recommended the Remeha to do the job as got on best with him etc etc and highly recommended by various people.

Not that I know lots about boilers etc but never heard of Remeha. Are they any good? He is happy to fit whatever we want but says he has fitted quite a few of these now and got one himself and thinks it just the job.

I suppose I am dubiuos as not heard of them but have heard of the other makes.

Any comments that would be if use/help to me?!

Thanks

Ed

Sponsored Links
Remeha are great boilers. I did a search on this forum on Broag with lots coming up. I have fitted about 6 of them. Make sure you have the outside weather compensator connected by fitting the outside temperature sensor.

Excellent choice, and rest assured, so go with that.

WB, over rated, awkward to work on, relying on past Bosch name, only sell loads because of all the freebies and offers they give with them.

Vaillant very good product, but one of the worst aftersales back up, engineers who don't know how to fix them and useless reps.

Broag, excellent budget boiler. Small in physical size, good warranty and now appear to be reliable after a batch of faulty pcb's.

I now fit these instead of Vaillant, the slightly lesser quality has not caused any problems as yet.

(Do we have BB back in another disguise :rolleyes: :confused: )

WB, over rated, awkward to work on, relying on past Bosch name, only sell loads because of all the freebies and offers they give with them.

Vaillant very good product, but one of the worst aftersales back up, engineers who don't know how to fix them and useless reps.

Broag, excellent budget boiler. Small in physical size, good warranty and now appear to be reliable after a batch of faulty pcb's.

I now fit these instead of Vaillant, the slightly lesser quality has not caused any problems as yet.

(Do we have BB back in another disguise :rolleyes: :confused: )

I am GB and have no work this afternoon.

Sponsored Links
Don't know about dashing, sketchy would probably be more like it :LOL:

Hi we have installed approx 20 of these boilers so far and have found them to be an easy boiler to fit, as already said quite small in size.

We have found that all of them appear to lose pressure with no signs of any leaks anywhere in the systems or the boilers themselves, we have been in touch with the Manufacturers who have told us that we are the only ones who have this problem (I can't believe that though) these boilers don't have low pressure sensors so they keep working even though they have run out of water in our case because they are the highest part of the system.

Having said that I still think they are a good choice.

Has anyone else had this problem?

have found this problem on 2 system advantas. found it to be blocked tube to guage. when the pump activates this connection is on the negative side and gives the impression of pressure loss. only found it by chance when one had blocked up completely.

Otherwise have fitted a few with no problems. Setting up for lpg can be tricky

I piped up the jig the other day and then hung the boiler afterwards. To my great surprise it didn't involve scewing the pipes across with a crow bar to fit the boiler awkwardly as my previous experience with boiler jigs.
underboiler.jpg

the first one I fitted maybe 2 years ago was lpg and I killed the sensor in my analyser before I got it tuned in correctly. It starts a country mile out.

But in most respects I really apreciate so many things about this range of boilers, and am very positive about them. I just hope this time I am right.

not that many people in todays economy will pay me what I want to fit a boiler properly when people are prepared to fit them poorly for very little pay..

I piped up the jig the other day and then hung the boiler afterwards. To my great surprise it didn't involve scewing the pipes across with a crow bar to fit the boiler awkwardly as my previous experience with boiler jigs.
underboiler.jpg

the first one I fitted maybe 2 years ago was lpg and I killed the sensor in my analyser before I got it tuned in correctly. It starts a country mile out.

But in most respects I really apreciate so many things about this range of boilers, and am very positive about them. I just hope this time I am right.

not that many people in todays economy will pay me what I want to fit a boiler properly when people are prepared to fit them poorly for very little pay..

That is the problem. You try and install an efficient boiler and system and the punter doesn't know the difference from a cheap BIASI to an ATAG. They only thing they know is that Bosch is good as they make good washing machines and they are German, and that TRVs are good on the rads. Weather compensation? Most plumbers don't understand that, never mind the punters. Quick recovery coils in cylinders to get DHW fast and lower the gas bills? They look at you as if you are daft. It is best to install the highest flow rate combi you can. They understand that a bath fills up faster, so are happy. Install the simplest to understand programmers you can. They will not understand a Honeywell CM67 and give you hassle when they can't figure it out. I always give two quotes, a cheaper boiler quote and the proper boiler quote. I never fit duff boilers as I want them to last the guarantee without a come-back.

When you meet a punter who understands and appreciates what you trying to give him, the best and most efficient and goes along with it, then it is a dream job.

I never fit duff boilers as I want them to last the guarantee without a come-back..
Yes that is my philosophy also, come backs are the things that sink you. So the only way to install is to do it picture perfect so that there can be no argument no gray areas and so on.

Reminds me of a job where I insisted on plume diversion, every one elses quote was cheaper for not doing it.

I said to the customer if your neighbour complains and something has to be done about it you will be knocking on my door. I am not prepared to have that so I won't fit it the way the pther guys say. My way or no way.

So he chose me.

We did it right . Oddly enough six months later corgi inspector picked that job out of my notifications. I managed to get there in time to catch him before he left. "everytthing is alright" he said "I can see why you went ofr plume diversion, not strictly necessary but I can see why you did it".

Low and behold anopther six months later neighbour makes a formal complaint about the plume. I said to customer "we have done everything right, give him corgi's address.

Never heard since now a year down the line.

Can't afford comebacks, they kill your business. Right way or bust.

The thing about boilers is having a cheap, reliable and "quiet" boiler. A quiet boiler gives recommendations, that is why I go for boilers with the Gianonni type of heat exchanger as they are quiet as the burner is sealed in. Put in a noisy BIASI or Ariston and you get no work from them, unless the boiler is in a utility room or garage. This Remeha meets all three points. I give options for the outside temperature sensor. Most have taken it. Feedback is that they say it is more comfortable with few cold spots. I try to get them have a quality combi if the water supply is good enough and the flowrate is suitable. Less come-backs then from zone valves sticking. A few time I could have changed type for type but manged to get them to go for the combi. The high pressure showers and space they gain always leaves a happy customer and recommendations.

One boiler I fitted a few of was the Baxi HE, the 130,00 Btus model to get some DHW flow rate. You can fit TRVs all around and no room stat as it has an integral flow switch. Simple enough to fit, quiet enough, others are quieter, no room stat to fit, simple electrical hook up, they like the TRVs in all rooms, fit a simple to use programmer. Apart from one, they have all been fine. But I want all of them to be fine and the Remeha so far has been and reports from other fitters are good. I wish they would all do what Baxi does and fit internal flow switches to fit TRVs all around.

That's a useful tip about the Baxi flow switch. Yes perhaps they will all latch on.

Yes I am loving the Rehmehas. I juust respect a manufacturer who has thought of us. To my mind they beat the viesmans on that score so I Rhemea is my standard boiler now. Respect to a company who considers us.

Paul Barker";p="1205084 said:

Hi Paul, if you are fitting Avantas on LPG you can contact Remeha who will provide you with a restrictor disc that goes in the outlet of the gas valve, gets you pretty much bang on with the CO2 and no more f****d CO cells on your analyser.

If you dont have the disc to hand 3 full turns of the high fire adjustment in the - direction gets you pretty much in the ballpark....

We have fitted hundreds of Avantas and really rate them we are now agents for them in this area, they have under a 2% failure rate & to be honest most of the warranty calls we attend to are due to installer wiring faults.
They have redesigned the Probe set and ignition transformer which were the only real issue & these seem alot more reliable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back