Remote control for garden flood light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't normally come on this section, but hopefully someone can help.

What I would like is a remote control to turn on my rear garden flood light from inside, I did buy a unit from wickes a couple of years ago but it was very hit and miss. It has now stopped working.

So can someone provide me with a link.

Andy

Sponsored Links
Thank you for coming back to me Mr White.

I think this is what I want, can you tell me what I need to plug my flood light into and what remote I need.

My flood light is 30 metres away and plugged into the garage. I need it to come on from inside the house to deter people from parking outside my garage and having a kiss and cuddle. Which I don't mind they doing as we were all young once, it's just the rubber thing they throw out of the car window and leave on the floor.

I don't want a PIR floodlight as the local cats keep turning it on and people use it to turn their cars around.

Andy

Sponsored Links
it's just the rubber thing they throw out of the car window and leave on the floor.

Try to persuade them to do it elswhere: Put up a WARNING: cctv sign!

I've got a sign and a cctv camera, that's how I know someone is there, one bloke I had a 'chat' with said 'I can't wait to see it on youtube, his girlfriend wasn't to pleased.'

So by me having a remote flood light above a car would work very well.

Andy

So do these couples only come when you're at home and peering through the curtains to see what's going on?

So do these couples only come when you're at home and peering through the curtains to see what's going on?

They normally come when it's dark and with the clocks going back it will be a bigger problem.

It's also when I come home is when I can see a car parked 'down the alley' in front of my garage.

Andy

No, they are parked on the public high way, but out of site from anyone else to see. I've tried calling the police but their response time is not quick enough. They have only caught 1 or 2 couples . That's why a flood light would work well, any other ideas BAS?

Andy

Stand in front of them and knock one out over their windscreen.

Sorted!

Stand in front of them and knock one out over their windscreen.

Sorted!

That's why a flood light would work well, any other ideas BAS?
Interesting idea from Benway, but likely to get you on a register. And not much fun when it's the 6th car on a cold January night....

You could go down there with a video camera and a garden hose. Stand by the window using the camera, and when they wind it down to remonstrate use the hose...

Or, and this is a serious suggestion - if the Police are prepared to attend (albeit often too slowly) then they must regard the activities as an offence worth doing something about, so see if they'll use evidence from your CCTV camera to prosecute. Can you capture images showing the action and the number plate?

For the police to use the CCTV as proof, which they can do will mean me going to court. So the youths will know who I am and where I live.

I just want a flood light to come. They will think they have set off a PIR.

Andy

My flood light is 30 metres away and plugged into the garage. I need it to come on from inside the house
This may be a stupid suggestion as I'm having a bad week and no good if your freezer is in the garage but -

to save some bother could you not switch off everything in the garage except the light and use the garage supply circuit breaker in the house?

Do you think if the light keeps coming on the 'youths' may smash it?

Also, playing devil's advocate, are they actually doing anything wrong? Would you get a ticket if you left your car there? I'm not suggesting you should - just curious. They may be a PITA but there are plenty of them around.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back