removal of plastic curved edging from tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen has been tiled and I asked for all the top edges of the tiles to be edged in the plastic strip, which they have done, but it looks **** to say the least, and none of the joints match, so want to know how to remove this and replace it with a rounded tile.

Is it just broot force and hope for the best that the tiles don't fall off or am I wasting my time and just have to live with it. Don't really want to take off all the top row of tiles just to get the plastic edging off ??????

Any pearls of wisdom would be very appreciated........

Sponsored Links
[quote="chezzer0361"

so want to know how to remove this and replace it with a rounded tile.
how do you hope to achieve this.........

Don't really want to take off all the top row of tiles just to get the plastic edging off ??????
........without doing this :?:

was hoping to somehow prise it up and off with a chissel of some discription.

otherwise it means breaking all the top tiles and replacing them all which I dont want to do for the cost and the mess of it all.

might just have to live with it.............................. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Why did you pay the tiler if you weren't happy with his work? Regarding the above stanley knife advice - you've no chance. As Moz said, you'd be best using a dremel with a slitting blade. You need to cut down at a slight angle so that you cut the trim but don't damage the tiles. You can borrow my dremel if you like. Just ask the missus.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back