Tile edging problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The tiles in my bathroom were laid without edging at the ends so that the edge of the tile is exposed. I want to put some white plastic edging on these areas so that it looks a bit neater but all the tile edging I have seen so far seems to need to be laid before the tile. Does anyone know of any tile edging that I can just add to the tiles that are alread laid there?

Sponsored Links
there are angled plastic or timber beads available but are unsuitable in this scenario. the edge will be vulnerable and be easily knocked off, as mechanically fixing is out of the question.

anything robust enough for this situation really needs to be built in at the tile fixing stage.

Thanks. I might have to just bite the bullet and and remove the offending tiles to attach proper edging.

You may get away with scraping the joint out then glue the edging etc :?: :idea:

Sponsored Links
You could run a bead of caulk down the edge of the tile. Run your finger down it to make it nice and smooth. Then just paint it the same colour as the wall.

why not just cut off the bit of the trim that goes behind the tile and then glue it on top of the edge?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back