removing a radiator - how do i shut the valve

hi again,

thanks for the info chris, very much appreciated and you to kevplumb. Would boss white be okay to put on the conical surfaces? or could i use kitchen sealant as I think that is silicone?

thanks again

Lorraine

Sponsored Links
just a small amount of boss white or jet blue on the olive but dont get it inside the valve as it will block the jet

Hi all,

I don't have much to do with plastic pipe, however looking at the pic of your green valve, it looks almost like the compression joint at the inlet of the valve is engaging only the metal insert at the end of the plastic flow pipe, and not the plastic pipe ?

Am I missing something here ?

brumylad said:
Hi all,

I don't have much to do with plastic pipe, however looking at the pic of your green valve, it looks almost like the compression joint at the inlet of the valve is engaging only the metal insert at the end of the plastic flow pipe, and not the plastic pipe ?

Am I missing something here ?

Plastic coated copper m8 :LOL:

want me to tell you the make as well :cool: starts with YS

Sponsored Links
thanks DIA, yep I see now, so that is "castellated" plastic coating ?

I have heard of it, but never seen it on an installation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back