Removing abestos garage my self...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, im looking in to taking my garage down which is abestos to make my garden bigger, and i have been looking around how to do it and what not, and my local tip does take so much of it at a time.
But my question is, is it just the roof that would be abestos or would it be the sides as well? i know the gates are wood.

any help would be great.

Sponsored Links
But my question is, is it just the roof that would be abestos or would it be the sides as well? i know the gates are wood.

crystal-ball.jpg

Have you seen this;
http://www.ealing.gov.uk/services/environment/pollution/hazardous_waste_and_substances/asbestos/]

Most likely what you have is an “Asbestolux” roof which is classed as low grade/risk; if the side panels are thin sheets (around 3-6mm) & are quiet brittle, chances are they are they are Asbestolux panels. Other types of asbestos carry a high health risk & must only be dismantled/removed by a licensed contractor. If you haven’t already satisfied yourself you have low grade asbestos, for the sake of yours & your near neighbors heath & the law, you should check what you have before proceeding. Keep it well damped down with a hose, wear a decent fine particle filter face mask (not just a paper mask) & don’t crate loads of dust by smashing hell out of it, dismantle carefully piece-by-piece.

Sponsored Links
that link dont work,

yeah ive herd of that and i know damp it and that, just thought id ask, i'll get some body to give me a quote and ask them what kind of stuff ect.

cheers

just means its always easier to talk to some body face to face

but u have been helpful thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back