Removing cement from a block paved drive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not really a plumbing problem, but whilst fitting a boiler I spilled some cement onto a block paved drive.

I've tried hosing it down and brushing it off, but not much luck.

Any advice chaps?

TIA

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Floor scraper? One of those handheld jobbies they use to clean floors after plastering etc

Problem with the pin point on the Pressure washer is it will cause a change in brick color, may end up doing entire drive.

Id go for brick acid and a wire brush. I take it you didnt notice until it had dried?

Travis, build center sell it

Floor scraper? One of those handheld jobbies they use to clean floors after plastering etc

Too tough for that I think. One of my mates has suggested coke and another one has offered his high pressure washer. The brick acid is my last resort I think. If the worst comes to the worst I can replace the bricks, I just don't want to exacerbate the situation - I'm hoping to get paid on this!! - the job is actually finished, just this SNAFU to fix.

an alternative to cleaning them (which is not that easy) are there any spare blocks laying around?

pop out the spoilt ones and replace with weathered ones from a less obvious area of paving and replace those in turn with new if there are no old ones kicking around.

blocks are easy to get out once you have an idea what you're doing.

either hire an extractor tool or u can drill a block, insert a rawlbolt and use that to haul the block out. it's dead easy to do.

The brick cleaner will change their colour. It's Hydrochloric acid. I'd go for the pressure washer. At least it'll only be lack of dirt they're looking at.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions & advice. Got the block-work cleaned using B&Q brick cleaner and a jet washer.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back