removing lights and switches- confused by wiring

I realise you most likely mean plateswitches
A mk masterseal switch has a fitted neutral connecter though, it is also for connection to the neon indicator if you want to use it for "on" indication
Yes - apologies for my amateur language. I sometimes find myself talking about bulbs too... :oops:

This wasn't a dimmer or a masterseal, or a DP switch. Didn't see the front so I don't know if there was a neon..

Sponsored Links
thanks for your replies.
i think i have it sorted.

rocky- all the switches and lights have earth wires connected.

it seems the live wire is on a loop through the switches and the light fittings, so we couldnt remove the switch and use the light fitting as just a junction box, we will need to remove all the wiring

my dad (an electriction, although high voltage not dometic) was also confused by the layout, but between use we have managed to identify all the wires (i think)

Yes - apologies for my amateur language. I sometimes find myself talking about bulbs too... :oops:
No need for that.
I call them all light switches !
and
Nothing wrong with Lightbulbs

It was just to say that I realised you was talking more indoor type (light switch /plate switch) , rather than outdoor type .
And before someone replied that a masterseal would look rubbish in your bedroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back