Removing old Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Forgive me if I can the terminology wrong, but I've no idea what I'm talking about...

I bought a house with extension footings dug, and breeze blocks (?) laid as the start of the building, but nothing has been done since - this was apparently done ten years ago and two house owners ago, as such I'm pretty sure I want to get rid of them (as I won't have the required funds for the extension for a good while yet).

The blocks are easy enough to get rid of, and some are already on the verge of falling over - but I wondered about the areas that have been dug out - should I just look to fill these in with soil/sand, or is there a better way that I could temporarily cover them, but then still have the option to have them easily available should I win the lottery and be able to extend?

The area of the planned extension is covered with loose stone chippings, if that makes any difference at all!

Thanks,
TFT

Sponsored Links
Simply fill them in and re-cover them with some of the loose chips, that way should you indeed win the loto you can dig them up again...pinenot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back