Removing open flued appliance.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am changing an open flued appliance for a f/f next week.....
Could somebody just clarify for me the correct procedure for decomissioning a redundant o/f discharging into a chimney stack???
I have just filled with rockwool and covered with aluminium plate in the past...

Sponsored Links
If open flue was just for this removed appliance I would suggest closing flue up as much as possible and fitting a small hit/miss vent over flue hole to let flue breathe.

I take it the new fan flue is not passing horizontally through old flue as you are not allowed any joins in fan flue within old chimney flue area.

To avoid dampness its usually necessary to have ventilation at the bottom if the top is to be left open.

Or still at the bottom if the top is to be capped.

More of a builders issue though.

Tony

Sponsored Links
gasman26 said:
kevplumb said:
if you don't know you shouldn't be doing it :idea:

feel free to reply :LOL:

Clearly didn`t know the anwser yourself then!!!!

if you come across a 250 kw warm air or heating find one of them on a FF feel free
if you cannot be bothered to educate yourself on the ways of the industry i aint gonna do your legwork for you

as far as i am concerned you should not be doing a job that you (obviously) don't know how to do :rolleyes:

if you come across a 250 kw warm air or heating find one of them on a FF feel free
if you cannot be bothered to educate yourself on the ways of the industry i aint gonna do your legwork for you

as far as i am concerned you should not be doing a job that you (obviously) don't know how to do :rolleyes:

If you would have read the question correctly i was just asking for clarification......
:evil: :evil: :evil:

kevplumb said:
and if you bothered carrying on with the ongoing regs you would not be asking the question on a DIY forum :rolleyes:

Considering i went to the british gas school of training in westminster, worked on the tools for 10 yrs, attend up to 10 training courses a year, work as an agent for:keston, broag & ideal, am qualified in N.G, LPG, OIL domestically, commercially & industrially not to mention part L & P..... how do you suggest i educate myself further Kevtheplumb?
And where exactly in the gas safety regs does it state categorically on the method of decomissioning a redundant open flue system.....?

rofl5.gif

rofl5.gif

rofl5.gif

go away spanner paper don't do it for me
Considering i went to the british gas school of training in westminster, worked on the tools for 10 yrs, attend up to 10 training courses a year, work as an agent for:keston, broag & ideal, am qualified in N.G, LPG, OIL domestically, commercially & industrially not to mention part L & P...

pity you didn't learn something then ain't it

go away or am i supposed to be in awe :rolleyes:

kevplumb said:
rofl5.gif

rofl5.gif

rofl5.gif

go away spanner paper don't do it for me
Considering i went to the british gas school of training in westminster, worked on the tools for 10 yrs, attend up to 10 training courses a year, work as an agent for:keston, broag & ideal, am qualified in N.G, LPG, OIL domestically, commercially & industrially not to mention part L & P...

pity you didn't learn something then ain't it

go away or am i supposed to be in awe :rolleyes:

I believe its right what they say, especially in this case....
plumbers are failed gas fitters!!!!

i remeber now y i love this forum so much .. :) still smiling at this thread ...lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back