Removing pipes from wall for rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My plasterer wants the pipes removed from the wall (except for the incoming mains) so he can apply sand-cement render ahead of skim. Just the pipes on the left-hand wall.

He'll still need water for knocking up his mix.

I'm thinking to cut and cap the pipes just in the corner and above the incoming mains. Then stick a flexi-connection above the incoming mains.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
The guy who did my kitchen just went round them.
it wasn't perfect, but is behind cupboards.

Or you could de-solder the 90 degree elbows, cap, and re-solder when the wall is rendered, all pipework remains as before render permitting.

Blup

A well kinked 15mm line going through the wall - you might want to get that replaced whilst you're at it.

Sponsored Links
If you must do one wall then why not do the return wall at the same time? Drop the lot in more or less one piece?
Close the mains shut-off, and loosen the valve top compression nut - fit a flexi in place of the nut & you will have water at will.
Drain down c/w and h/w.
Hack off all remaining plaster down to floor.
Remove any rubble from behind the green membrane

If you must do one wall then why not do the return wall at the same time? Drop the lot in more or less one piece?
Close the mains shut-off, and loosen the valve top compression nut - fit a flexi in place of the nut & you will have water at will.
Drain down c/w and h/w.
Hack off all remaining plaster down to floor.
Remove any rubble from behind the green membrane
I had considered it but there’s gas pipe on the return wall. I’d have to pay to have it all safely removed and then pay to have it reinstated afterwards.

Also the pipes on the return wall go through the ceiling to the void under the bathroom.

Need to keep costs under control.

Why not simply leave the gas pipe in place and move the whatever else is there?

FWIW: I'm not a plasterer but I often just spread the best I can with pipework and obstacles left in place. A steel trowel will usually slide behind clipped Cu pipes for instance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back