Renault F1

It seems the Italian prime minister agrees with holmslaw and gassafeman...
And I quote...

Well if the prime minister says cheating is OK then all Italians must think the same. After all I am sure their Prime minister speaks for everyone in their country just like Gordon Brown speaks for everyone in this country. :LOL:

He will be should the FIA persue the matter further and ban him from being involved in motorsport, if that were to happen, he wouldn't meet the FA's definition of a fit and proper person.

That's how it should work. In reality we know different. Want to play the 'name the dodgy chairman' game? I bet we could name several!

Sponsored Links
Hmmm a lot for F1 governing body to be aware of - if disqualifying people is on their agenda... Penalties may extend beyond their own jurisdiction?

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/78/3/0,,10794~888,00.pdf

THE REGULATIONS OF THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE LIMITED
Appendix IV
Fit & Proper Persons Test.
Disqualifying Condition means all or any of the following: -
a) being subject to a ban from involvement in the administration of a sport by a Sports Governing Body or such other similar forms of disqualification as may operate from time to time;

I believe F1 sports body is recognised by Football league.
In the event of Flavio being banned by mo-sport governing body, would he have to 'stand down' at QPR??

Dodgy soccer leaders ? Maybe, but banned elsewhere? Likely not.

--

They even have a special word with no true translation into english - furbo.

"Only after years of visiting Italy did I realize that Italians admire rather than disdain a furbo, someone who can pull off a clever deception. “Che furbetto!” a young mother exclaimed rather proudly when her son shifted the blame for a childish prank to his little brother."

I'm not saying they are all "furbo", I know many italians that are totally trustworthy. But it is a trait that is generally admired and respected, the opposite of the english attitude towards someone who cheats and tells lies.

being subject to a ban from involvement in the administration of a sport by a Sports Governing Body or such other similar forms of disqualification as may operate from time to time;

That's what I was getting at. Flav has banned himself, technically. Renault may get banned, but I can't see Flav being banned when he has already left the sport. You would also have to assume that he has Bernie's unwavering support regardless, so what are the chances of a ban really?

But it is a trait that is generally admired and respected, the opposite of the english attitude towards someone who cheats and tells lies.

That is a poor translation of the word Holmslaw. A liar and a cheat is not what the word means. A better definition would be probably be a rascal, someone who is clever and bends the rules to meet his own desires. Traits that a lot of English people have I'm sure. Dell Boy from OFAH would be a classic example of someone who is 'Furbo'.

Sponsored Links
...for an unlimited period, the FIA does not intend to sanction any International Event, Championship, Cup, Trophy, Challenge or Series involving Mr. Briatore in any capacity whatsoever, or grant any license to any Team or other entity engaging Mr. Briatore in any capacity whatsoever. It also hereby instructs all officials present at FIA-sanctioned events not to permit Mr. Briatore access to any areas under the FIA's jurisdiction. Furthermore, it does not intend to renew any Superlicence granted to any driver who is associated (through a management contract or otherwise) with Mr. Briatore, or any entity or individual associated with Mr. Briatore. In determining that such instructions should be applicable for an unlimited period, the World Motor Sport Council has had regard not only to the severity of the breach in which Mr. Briatore was complicit but also to his actions in continuing to deny his participation in the breach despite all the evidence...

Hardly 'sine die' But it'll do for now.

:D

Well, the FIA just scored a few credibility points in my opinion. I didn't think they would have the balls, but I'm so glad they did.

Good decision.

Well, the FIA just scored a few credibility points in my opinion.

And F1 just threw all credibility in the bin, they're no better than the scum that we pay for in parliament.

Renault have been given a suspended sentence for 2 years, what a f****** joke. Thats like me murdering someone and promising not to murder him again - for at least the next 2 years. :D

Well, the FIA just scored a few credibility points in my opinion.

And F1 just threw all credibility in the bin, they're no better than the scum that we pay for in parliament.

Renault have been given a suspended sentence for 2 years, what a f****** joke. Thats like me murdering someone and promising not to murder him again - for at least the next 2 years. :D

To be fair Holmslaw it would appear that the culprits(Flav, Pat and Jnr) carried out this ridiculous deception without Renault's knowledge. Personally I think it correct that Flav got a lifetime ban as he was without doubt the mastermind behind the staged crash.

To be fair Holmslaw it would appear that the culprits(Flav, Pat and Jnr) carried out this ridiculous deception

Did Alonso ever wonder why he was fuelled to only the 12th lap,
when if you finish outside the top ten in qualifying, you would normally fuel to go long......... ;)

Having thought about it - F1, motor racing is the better for having Renault involved, there appears to have been no direct command from the parent company involved in this, employees on the ground flaunted rules probably broke their contracts too.
Renault paid the people a whole lot of dosh to properly run the business, they moved very smartly - as it turns out - when necessary to discipline the main players... Regie cannot be watching every move every word.

If Renault were banned, how many jobs would have been lost? Engine supply would have affected other teams... Spectators would have suffered too.
I can understand why some teams may have thought Renault should have been banned - less competition for hardware and trackspace ?

--

Having thought about it - F1, motor racing is the better for having Renault involved, there appears to have been no direct command from the parent company involved in this, employees on the ground flaunted rules probably broke their contracts too.
Renault paid the people a whole lot of dosh to properly run the business, they moved very smartly - as it turns out - when necessary to discipline the main players... Regie cannot be watching every move every word.

If Renault were banned, how many jobs would have been lost? Engine supply would have affected other teams... Spectators would have suffered too.
I can understand why some teams may have thought Renault should have been banned - less competition for hardware and trackspace ?

--

Yup. That's pretty much how I see the situation Empip.

Ah ha ! Witness-x eh !
FFS - just read the hearing transcript - are they all liars? Symonds and Witness-x state NP Jnr suggested the crash move - Jnr said F and S suggested it - Not that any of that affects the hearing outcome. But I could not now trust the erstwhile F1 jockey...
--

Ah ha ! Witness-x eh !
FFS - just read the hearing transcript - are they all liars? Symonds and Witness-x state NP Jnr suggested the crash move - Jnr said F and S suggested it - Not that any of that affects the hearing outcome. But I could not now trust the erstwhile F1 jockey...
--

NP jnr has cooked his own goose, no one will employ him now.

Still can not believe, how swiftly Alonso has been exonerated.
For such an experienced driver to be fuelled only to lap 12, must have set questions in his mind at the very least.
Did he not query it with his race engineer..... :confused:

Would not go down well, to ban a 2 time world champion........ :eek:

I think that more revelations will leak out eventually.

Sponsored Links
Back