renault trafic

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i have a 2008 trafic van and when driving back from france it suffered power loss and no brakes, i took it into renault and was told it was the turbo but when i picked it up was told it wasnt turbo it was vacuum pump i drove it 15 miles an it went again with top speed of 20 mph and no brakes so back it went, 7 days later i was told it was ready and they had changed the vacuum pump again this time it did about 50 miles and it went again so had to be recovered, then renault said they would change the servo, this has gone on for 5 weeks now and have now been told that they wont fix it now as i had the servicing done by a non vat registered mechanic so warranty is void even though its non serviceable parts! does anyone no what could be wrong with the van?

Sponsored Links
Diesel engines have no inherent vacuum in their inlet manifolds so the vacuum that the servo requires to work is produced by a mechanically driven vacuum pump, usually on the end of the camshaft.
If this fails, your brakes get no servo assistance and the brake pedal appears rock hard - although the brakes are still there.
You are being fed bovine excrement - take the vehicle back, ask if they would like a crash on their hands and see what they say.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Back