render/plaster/paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I may be surprised if I get a response today, Bank Holiday and all! But if any committed DIY'er is out there?
I am moving my business into the home and have a good size double garage that will do just fine. Unfortunately I need to create a very dust free environment for tinting vehicle windows. I have bare breeze block walls. I don't need any smooth, professional finnish (not that I'd get it myself anyway!) Just a clean workshop area. I also need to leave the ability to better insulate the (1) outside wall before next winter. Any quickish solution would be a real help.

Sponsored Links
celotex 50mm insulation. 2x2 battons every 400mm plenty of plasterboard tape the plasterboard joins... plaster is not really needed for your kind of work. might be best not to use plaster at all on the walls to keep any possible dust away from the garage if the plaster turns out bad.... it aint easy plastering first time.. so avoid..

We did out the garage for our band we used 200mm celotex and sound proof membrane sure keeps out alot of noise. (mad drummers tend to get to excited... :0)

Also if you have a garage door you might want to get a seal for the edges to keep out dust and then a movable vent in the work area of some sort to remove any fumes from the excess spray can be bad for your health in a sealed area otherwise.

Hope this helps

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back