rendering and coatings

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all had a quote from a company called texgard over priced but sounded good so i checked them out on companies house and guess what they are not a ltd company.
So i dug further into there methods etc and they use a spray gun called a hopper which is not powerfull enough to spray a heavy coating on the wall.
lol it turns out they must water down the heavy based coating to get it to go through a hopper ,so my point is you are not getting a thick sprayed coating on the wall.
you need a graco pump and road comppressor to do this .
mmmm whats your thoughts on this.
my rule is this
1 make sure the company is vat reg
2 ltd
3 office address not just an 0800 number or mobile
4 company been trading at least 5 years
5 recommendations
6 good website doesnt mean a good company check above.
hope this helps .

Sponsored Links
1 make sure the company is vat reg
2 ltd
3 office address not just an 0800 number or mobile
4 company been trading at least 5 years
5 recommendations
6 good website doesnt mean a good company check above.
hope this helps .

? :eek:

wtf :confused:

Lots of decent tradesman/companies are not LTD or VAT registered.

Sponsored Links
If the company is nottttttt VAT REG then it only does Below £56000 in a year worth of work ,Unless of coarse they do cash jobs and dont declare mmm.
And as for them being limited,this helps the customer check out the company at companies house to see if there finances are in order etc.
Yes you dont need a company that is ltd but VAT REG yes you do ,unless they are a one man band doing about 10 jobs in a year (average job being about £4000 to £5000 .
To me thats not a lot of jobs and i wouldnt go for a company that does such a small amount of jobs.
So my point is if they are Vat reg they do over £56k a year and a lot more than say 10 jobs in a year.

56k to be vat reg' tells a story to me. If they havn't reached 56k PA then how long have they been around. We do 56k a month, but still not Ltd:
Most wall coatings are sprayed these days and yes 50+ CFM compressors and a good quality airless spayer are bread and butter equipments these days. We also use a freephone number so that it costs our clients nothing to call.... no other reason.
Tar... brush.... all :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back