rendering

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i am rendering my my house & i am going over old existing brickwork do i need to pva before applying scratch coat also have brought rendamix to add to cement which is waterproofer / retarder & plasticiser will this stop render cracking or blowing and do i put it in both coats.

Sponsored Links
don't even begin this project unless you have years of (real) plastering experience. :eek:

use water to control suction of aid the keybond. don't use pva.

SO DO I JUST SOAK THE WALL NO PRIMING NEEDED AND WHAT ABOUT THE ADDITIVES MANY THANKS

some pro's say to put waterproofer in the top coat only. this is so that the top coat isn't prevented from going off too slowly due to lack of suction in the scratch coat. ;)

Sponsored Links
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP DO YOU EVER PVA BEFORE RENDERING IF SURFACE IS NOT PAINTED OR DO YOU ALWAYS SOAK

noseall said:
some pro's say to put waterproofer in the top coat only. this is so that the top coat isn't prevented from going off too slowly due to lack of suction in the scratch coat. ;)

thats ok if its a small wall but if you have 20 plus square i would put waterproofer in it as it will go off to quickly

good point onion. in hot summer months it is useful to have some kind of retarder to allow workability, but as i said, 'tis the very fast pro's who heed this advice only.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back