Repairing edge of concrete floor before laying SL and Parque

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had to lift the previous layer of self levelling compound as it was loosed as it had been laid over some vinyl tiles that had started to lift. I now have a reasonably flat floor but one I think will need to a new layer of self levelling compound laid.

However before I do that I will need to repair the edges of the concrete slab adjacent to the walls. The slab does not quite reach the walls by about 1.5 to two inches and has been filled with some form of mortar. In places this mortar was very loose or missing so I will need to fill in this gap before laying the self levelling compound. The gap goes down some 2 or so inches before the DPM.

My question is what should I fill the gap with that will do the job and preferably allow me to lay the SLC on top and then start laying the Parquet ASAP.

I have a similar problem with the threshold area to my french doors. The mortar there was also very loose and has now been lifted prior to repairing.

Sponsored Links
Why not post pics showing more of the floor and room in general?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back