replace bath taps - 15mm x 15mm flexible tap connector

D

Deleted 205484

Hi,

I am having my roll top cast iron bath re-enamelled but when we took it out, the pipes got bent. We have just bought the place.

The two pipes from the floor have 15mm shut off valve (t-screw) fitted and then the pipe connecting to the taps is 15mm copper up to the tap where it goes to 22mm and connects to the taps.

I want to keep the taps (traditional style) so I want to cut out the bent bit of pipe and then connect a 15mm screw connector to the inlet valves to a 15mm speedifit connector on the pipe.

Is this the best way and could I use these.

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/en/plu...r-flue-pipe-connectors-15-mm-15-mm-pk-2-20070

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Or is the best way to cut out the offending/damaged section of 15mm pipe and replace with a 15mm x 15mm speedifit flexi hose?

connect a 15mm screw connector to the inlet valves to a 15mm speedifit connector on the pipe.
What exactly do you mean by 15mm screw connector?

If they are bath taps they will be 3/4" BSP so the easiest way ro do it is with a 15mm x 3/4" flexi with or without isolating valves. You could use the isos already in situ and connect a flexi without isos to the copper.

This is why I am looking to use a 15mm x 15mm flexi connector to replace the pipe as the bath need to be in a slightly different position now.

The tap is just a female connector through the cast iron bath. this goes to a male screw elbow to a 22mm which is then reduced to 15mm all the way to the isolating valves.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Toolstation's 86348 will sort the kink out of that longer length of copper, but do be aware there will be a reduction in water flow.....as will those non full bore shut off valves!
John :)

guessing that using a 15mm speedifit style is not as good?

Not sure I could get a good enough seal using a compression fitting??

If you can't get a good seal with compression fittings, then a speedfit one is definitely at risk.....
Polish the copper up with steel wool when you cut it, check that its completely round, a smear of jet blue sealant or similar on the olives and you're good to go.
John :)

Purely thinking of using Speedifit due to ease of connection to existing pipes that are there.

'A' will be 1/2" BSP.
Is a 2 - 3" section at 'B' still in pristine condition, i.e. perfectly circular?

View media item 63187
Fit a 15mm x 1/2" Speedfit bent flexi 'upside down', as it were.

ae235

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back