Replace or Repair Floor Joists

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys
Recently ripped out an old floor which wasn't put down well and which had also been damaged by a leak I'm now left with a few joists that look they have warped and twisted, one of which has slight movement also.

Ripping out the joists and replacing them isn't really a road I want to go down unless I really have to (new kitchen underneath). It's a 1st floor room in a storey house. The new floor will be tiles and I was planning to noggin the existing joints prior to putting down 18mm ply and a latex leveller afterwards as it's fairly uneven across the joists.

My question is whether that will be ok with the current state of the joists or do I need to do further work before that?

Also, the room contains the two boilers for the house thus a lot of pipework is in their. When putting down the floor is it worth cutting out a section where the boiler pipes enter and leave the floor as an access point or should I only really worry about access to the pipes directly below the boiler?

View media item 11249 View media item 11250 View media item 11251 View media item 11252 View media item 11253

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back