Replace Radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I'm in the process of buying a bungalow (1960's age), the living room measures 20' (6.1m) long x 12' (3.66m) wide, it currently has 2 radiators in it, both are 600H x 1.6m Wide double, unfortunately I didn't look to see if they are type 21 or type 22.
One of the radiators is under the front window and is rusty, so needs replacing,the other on is at the other end of the living room, so I will take that one and put under the window and I want to replace the far end one (where we will mainly sit) with a narrower one. I've been on a couple of
BTU Calculators and it looks like @ 5000 BTU for the entire room, as I might want that end slightly warmer, do I go for @ 3000 BTU?
I'm currently looking at Kartell Radiators.

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Thanks Alan,
I'm trying to find out what size radiator I need, as I say, the room currently has 2 radiators and I want to replace 1 of them with a shorter one, 1.6m is a bit long, depending on which of the BTU Claculators I use I get 2 fairly different answers.

So what one do I go by? I guess you could say that Kartell want you to use a big one, as that is more expensive. Once I know what one to use, as I'm only replacing 1 Radiator, I guess I divide that number by 2, as there will be 2 radiators

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back