Replaceing bars with blockwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi fellas, I want to cut the ugly metal bars and fill in between the pillars with blockwork.

My question is, will cutting the bars destabalize the pillars?

If so, will the blockwork strengthen them sufficiently?

If that all fails, any ideas/advice on how to de-uglify this front garden eyesore?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Does this actually belong to you? It looks very much like a Local Authority guard Rail.

Does this actually belong to you? It looks very much like a Local Authority guard Rail.

No mate it belongs to me. Private house on a private residential street (in Plymouth) :D

Any suggestions??

Sponsored Links
If that all fails, any ideas/advice on how to de-uglify this front garden eyesore?

]
Close boarded fence fixed to the outside of the rails :idea:

Featheredge stuff? How would you fix that to steel rails? I think it would need arris rails at least, to nail the featheredge to, I guess?

Fencing is fine for back gardens, I'm not so sure it would look right in the front though?

I'm tempted to just cut the bloody things and see if there is any sign of movement in the pillars :confused:

Surely this would be more appropriate for Plymouth?

2009731164150381.gif

:mrgreen:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back