replacement boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i have been given a quote by british gas fora new conventional wall mounted boiler in my kitchen also i was told some of the pipe work needed up dating as it was not to the new regulations in thickness also they said i need a earth cable putting in from the gas meter they said it would be 3380 pounds can any one tell me if this is about right or a bit on the high side
thanks any thoughts welcome

Also i was wondering if it would cost more to have it changed to a combi boiler as in my bedroom i have water tanks which i dont really like or would it cost loads i can only just manage the 3 grand with a loan !!!

Sponsored Links
You need to tell us exactly what make and model of boiler they have quoted you for.

If I said I would sell you a new car for £10,000 how do you know if thats good value or not without being told if its a Ford Focus or a Rolls?

We would charge about £1500 to replace a system boiler and £2000 to convert to a combi.

Tony

Agile said:
You need to tell us exactly what make and model of boiler they have quoted you for.

If I said I would sell you a new car for £10,000 how do you know if thats good value or not without being told if its a Ford Focus or a Rolls?

We would charge about £1500 to replace a system boiler and £2000 to convert to a combi.

Tony

Thanks for reply it was wall mounted it was called ideal classic and the price was 3380 with updating pipe work and putting a earth cable in flushing system and balancing
I dont know much about this sort of thing but i know its alot of money having said that i need to know its being done properly as the boiler i have now its a glow warm one it has only lastest 10 years and is showing signs of leaking
Is there any disadvantages of changing to a combi is it alot of work i think it would be good not to have cold water tank visable in bedroom
if i went for a combi would they take away old tanks etc as part of the job
I know i am asking alot of questions but i really know nothing about this sort of thing
i have rang powergen to ask them to come and give a price too
I live in lincolnshire any suggestions on good firms to ring ?

Sponsored Links
Usually British Gas are on the expensive side. However they don't seem concerned, in the event of problems, with fitting new replacement parts (it doesn't come out of the fitters pocket). They are likely to say that your old system needs a power flush which is a few hundred pounds - check that this is included, and also refill with inhibitor.

And see what they give in the way of a guarantee or service contract for at least a year. You can be prety confident that they will not go bust leaving your guarantee worthless. Like any company, they include some fitters who are better than others, but if you get probs, you can at least appeal to the next level.

The same applies to other quotes you get.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back