Replacement Capacitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.

I have a motor with a burnt out starting capacitor.

I have had a look on RS and can't find an exact match for this one. The nearest I can find is this:

Capacitance Value 60μF
Maximum Operating Temperature 60°C
Minimum Operating Temperature -20°C
Mounting Bracket Mount
Product Diameter 38mm
Product Height 116mm
Tolerance 0 → +25%
Type Electrolytic
Voltage 260V ac

Will this work ok?

e1c097e6.jpg

I need one sooner rather than later if at all possible.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You dont seem to have included details of the failed part? only of one that you are asking is it a good enough match to the original?

Sponsored Links
No I only removed it about an hour ago. I was hoping to get a replacement ordered tonight.

Damn, they shut @ 2200, just missed them.
But I would say yes to the replacement.

It's only 21.00 ;)

I just assumed they keep normal office hours. I'll give them a ring

Oh well It looks near enough for me. I'll take a chance and order it.

Well it's ordered.

It's a bit of a rush job. It's the starting cap for a largeish fan motor for a warm air heating system in a large domestic house.

The house currently has no heating so understandably they want it back up and running asap.

I would be bit concerned that the voltage on the new one is 260 bearing in mind the high voltages that come out of start winding immediately after power to it has been turned on or off. Hence the 275 volt surge rating of the original.

Yukkie, had that heating once. Damn expensive.
Properly installed warm air heating can be significantly more efficient than wet radiators and doesn't take up wall space with lumps of metal. But to do it properly it has to be designed into the build of the building and seldoms works well as a retro-fit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back