Replacement for integrated fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved into a house with integrated appliances in the kitchen & the fridge seems to be on its last legs. I wondered if it would be possible to replace the integrated fridge with a normal one and get rid of the door frontage given that would be under a worktop (I'm thinking ventilation might be the problem).

Any advice would be much appreciated

Sponsored Links
several differences between intergrated and normal appliances

integrated buit slighly differntly, has door fixings for cupboards

so yes providing you accept the fact the cupboard door has to go, no problems (so long as it fits)

Sponsored Links
boilerwoman said:
I'm thinking ventilation might be the problem.
My mum's have a fridge and freezer under the worktop and there is a 50mm wide vent mesh right across the width of the appliances. The mesh match the worktop colour, might be an idea to do this because you can feel the hot air rising from the vent. I don't know if you need to do this though, the info should be in the instruction book for ventilation.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back