Replacement for Legrand RCD

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Legrand / Tenby CU which has a Legrand 80A 30mA RCD protecting the sockets. I am looking to replace the RCD as i believe it may be faulty. Lots of nuisance trips etc. I seem to be having trouble sourcing a Legrand/Tenby one.

Is there another manufacturers RCD i can use which has the same specifications?

Regards

Rob

Sponsored Links
I have a Legrand / Tenby CU which has a Legrand 80A 30mA RCD protecting the sockets. I am looking to replace the RCD as i believe it may be faulty. Lots of nuisance trips etc. I seem to be having trouble sourcing a Legrand/Tenby one.

Is there another manufacturers RCD i can use which has the same specifications?

Regards

Rob

Have you tested the RCD? Are you sure it's the RCD that is faulty?

It's probably quite rare for an RCD to go faulty on it's own by intermittently tripping. It would be far more likely the RCD would just fail on testing or fail to reset after a fault.

You should be carrying out an insulation resistance test to confirm that the wiring is not at fault. An appliance may be the cause also.

The RCD can be tested at half times it's rated trip current. A ramp test can be carried out to identify the required amount of leakage current required to cause the device to trip.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back