Replacement Intercom Phone for Techniphone TN-5HK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me.

I need a replacement intercom phone for an old and broken Techniphone TN-5HK and was wondering if I could replace it with a Bell 801 phone???

They both have 5 wires instead and was just wondering if I could just swap it over???

Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thank you for your help with this.

The Management Company of the flats I live in have check the front panel at the communal front door to a Bell System VRK Vandal Resistant one and now when someone presses our buzzer it is really quiet.

Would this mean a Bell Intercom phone could be used and stop the problem as I can't really hear it when it buzzes.

Thank you for you help.

sounds like the management company has done half a job, if they have changed the entrance station to a bell systems unit, get them back to fit the correct handset and fully test the system inc speech levels in and out.

Sponsored Links
Thanks sparkymarka.

I will ask them but the management company are useless and will take forever. If I got a Bell 801 phone should this make it better??? I might just try it and see.

Thanks in advance.

If they have fitted a bell system entrance station then the handset is the correct part and will work fine , but you will need to know what colours they have used ....as there are no standard wiring configs.

Thank sparkymarka.

I will have a look on IntercomRUs.com and look at the terminal connections for the Techniphone TN-5HK and look at the same for the Bell 801 and put them in the corresponding terminals shown on the Bell 801.

Fingers crossed and thank you once again.

The 5HK has electronic call tone where the earpiece is connected to common and V when on-hook, and common and 2 when listening.

Universal handset with audio call should work eg
http://doorentrydirect.com/bitron-universal-wall-phone-2-button-t-line-white-p-2511.html

http://www.intercomsrus.com/handset pdf/Techniphone TN-5HK Intercom Handset Data Sheet.pdf

The Bell 801 is AC call only and is incompatible AFAIK
Hi,

Apologies for bumping a VERY old thread but I have the same issue.

According to an electrician friend who has checked all the wiring, everything seems to be working EXCEPT the handset actually buzzing when the doorbell is pressed!

Unfortunately the replacement Bitron handset you linked to looks like it's discontinued as well... what would be a good current replacement?

Thanks!

Would be my go to universal handset

Attachments

• 4788D42E-781F-4970-BA6F-D5F6A2A14EFB.png
    4788D42E-781F-4970-BA6F-D5F6A2A14EFB.png
    605.6 KB · Views: 64

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back