Replacement Parts for Old Baxi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 801 OF, heat only floor standing boiler. It's now 27 years old,
and is in need of refurbishment or a complete replacement.

How easy will it be for a gas engineer to get replacement parts, such as the burner,
seals and ignition system. I've noticed that some internet sites still list these
items, but wonder whether they are readily available.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of complications in fitting a new boiler, so refurbishment
might be an easier option, for the time being.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Most parts are available. Be aware tho that i believe the insulation/seals are asbestos and as such i certainly wouldn't mess with the boiler.

Any damaged bits would also need special treatment and disposal.

Finally, with todays modern boilers/systems i really think you would be better off with a new one (you should have claimed on the boiler scrappage scheme)

Many thanks Powell30 for your reply.

AFAIK the Baxi 801 OF isn't on the list of boilers with asbestos problems.

Yesterday I visited my local PlumbCentre and they also confirmed that the spare parts are still available.

My existing boiler is in the middle of the house, which is creating a lot of problems for the installation of a condensing boiler. I'm waiting for several quotes for a new boiler. Refurbishing the old one is just a option, which could delay the inevitable major upheaval of a full boiler replacement.

I've got one or two queries relating to new boilers, which I'll post as separate threads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back