Replacement room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an elderly central heating system consisting of a Potterton Netaheat 16-22 boiler, with room and cylinder thermostats which give independent control of heating & hw by means of a 3 position motorised valve (Honeywell Sundial Y wiring). The Potterton room thermostat is now wildly inaccurate and i would like to replace it with a digital display. The Honeywell DT200 seemed a likely candidate, but I now understand that it has been replaced by the DT90E model which has TPI control. It sounds good, but will my old boiler cope with this new fangled technology?? If so, as it is a 2 wire model, do I just leave the neutral from my 3 wire system disconected?

Sponsored Links
DT200 Still available . Yes just use 2 wires and safely isolate the neutral preferably back at wiring centre

Thanks.
The DT90E model is said to be more efficient due to the TPI control and is roughly the same price as the DT200, but can my old boiler cope with it or am I just tinkering around the edges with an old and very inefficient system and it won't make much difference either way!

Yes, your old boiler will work OK with the DT90E. I have the CM927 (wireless programmable version with TPI) connected to a 20 year old Apollo boiler and it works just fine.

Sponsored Links
the room thermostat doesn't nothing more then tell the boiler to come on and go off, the new one will just replace your old one, no problem I too have the wireless honeywell and its excellent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back