replacement speedo clocks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there any simple way that the mileage on a second hand clock 'set' can be lit electronically in order to establish the mileometer reading when the clock is OUT of the car? Advice ASAP would be appreciated... many thanks

Sponsored Links
If you could determine the pin out of the connector, then you could apply 12V to the power terminals & it might fire up the mileage display.

The clock on the dash only shows the contents of a memory location in one of the many electronic controllers on the car. If the manufacturer placed the controller in the dash cluster, then yes you may be able to illuminate the mileage. If the controller is situated somewhere else on the car, no I'm afraid not. Keep in mind that most controllers now communicate with each other through a 2 wire CAN network, which leaves it even more of a challenge.

In which case I simply remove my existing clock 'pod' from the dashboard and replace it with the one I want to check.. once the ignition is switched on it should give me a reading yes? at least before I replace the cowling so I won't have to dig it out again.. I don't have much choice by the sound of it :)

Sponsored Links
Back