Replacing a conservatory roof with tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have a P shaped conservatory probably approx 8 meters in length by about 3 meters at its fattest. We have seen many companies now offering conversions to a new lightweight tiled roof with insulation & plastering. Anyone had this done ? any opinions on quality ? and what was the pricing like ?.

I'm hesitant to call any of them as I really don't want to pulled into any high pressure sales pitches. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Personally I think they are shyte however I do know of a decent fitter in Birmingham who has done some friends of ours. Not sure where you are based.

They don't use tiles, but sheets of plastic imitation tiles. These in themselves don't look bad, IMO, but they always seem to look out of place for whatever house they are attached to

Sponsored Links
They don't use tiles, but sheets of plastic imitation tiles. These in themselves don't look bad, IMO, but they always seem to look out of place for whatever house they are attached to

Got to be better than a tri-laminate roof though ?

Yes.

I think the typical conservatory's days are numbered, and so whilst adapting old designs is a bit of a stop gap, we may start seeing better looking conservatories with tiled or other roof coverings and different framed walls that actually looks like it was supposed to be there in the first place. But I do wonder if the plastic tiled roofs will only last as long as polycarb sheets did.

I have never known of any conservatory owner not to moan about it for one reason or another - hot, cold, flies, noise ...... so anything can only be an improvement.

The lads who fitted my windows a few years ago said they were trialling new style conservatories with proper tiled roofs, said there were a fair few teething problems!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back