replacing a gas hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Next week I am due to refit the kitchen and as part of the job I will be replacing the gas hob. I checked the current installation and I can see the gas supply connects into the top right corner of the existing unit.

Question, when I buy a new hob is it best to buy it with connections and secondly do I need to get a plumber into to fit it? I assume the answer to the 2nd question is yes but I was wondering if there are any organisation that will send around an engineer to do it at a set price? I ask this because all of my experiences with plumbers so far have been dismal :mad: My alternative is to replace it with an electric hob which will mean I still need to terminate the gas connection which again need a plumber?

cheers

adam

Sponsored Links
stick with gas ... and if ur worried about being ripped off get a price over the phone , there are some good guys in the trade .. :)
the easiest way is go to corgi web site and put in your post code and it will tell u all the gas fitters in your local area ..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back